Friends and Feelings Daily Activities for This MonthI love the Mother Goose Time theme for this month, Friends and Feelings. It's perfect for the beginning of the year. Children need to develop trust before they can feel safe enough to really focus on learning. These activities are perfect for both classroom and homeschooling environments.
|Month: Friends and Feelings|
Weeks: Making Friends, Identifying Feelings,
Keys to Friendship and Talking with Friends
Days: Each Day is Numbered
Everyday, we open a new
curriculum bag full of fun activities!
How to Create Friends and Feelings Puppets by Mother Goose Time
The kids need to make two puppets, so they can act out friend scenarios.
The puppets can have fun, adventures and conflicts.
Then, the children can find creative ways to work out the conflicts.
How to Make Friends Puppets
- Cardboard puppets
- Wiggle eyes
- Encourage children to explore tossing and catching the feathers. Observe hand-eye coordination, as well as emotional response to missing or grabbing the feathers.
- Invite the child to create one puppet that looks like a friend and one that looks like himself.
- Cut out the clothing from the paper and attach it to the puppets.
- Glue on some feathers for hair and attach the wiggle eyes. Decorate the friends with markers.
- Encourage children to use the puppets to practice saying hello and goodbye to one another. What other conversations do the children have with their puppets?
The girls loved creating their puppet friends, eyelashes, necklaces and all. They even got out the
stamps my youngest daughter got from a friend for her birthday.
Here they are... Putting on a puppet show!
Check back soon
for more free and fun lesson plans!